Thursday, December 11, 2008

Snow!


It snowed in Houston yesterday afternoon/evening! Our part of town did not have any accumulation.....it melted as soon as it hit the ground. But the timing was perfect. I went to meet Anna at the corner after school, and I took my umbrella because it looked like it was raining. When I stepped outside, I discovered it was more like sleet than rain. And by the time I greeted Anna and we turned back towards home, flakes were starting to form. And when we reached home, snowflakes filled the sky! All the kids in the neighborhood stood in our driveway and just ran around in the flurries. I got some pics of Anna and Meghan outside, but Claire was up at the school for D.I. practice. (She got to run around outside the school with her team.) There was pure JOY on the kids' faces. Such a great Christmas gift for them.....and it didn't cost me a thing. Let this be a lesson to me as I scurry around town buying and spending and accumulating. The best things in life don't come with a price tag.

No comments: