Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas 2008

Christmas was three days ago now. My house looks like we invited Best Buy and Toys R Us over for a holiday eggnog and they had one too many and threw up in my great room. We are blissfully and contentedly enjoying the after- effects of what was supposed to be a small Christmas. Somehow, despite my best efforts, this never happens. (My husband, Jack Claus, sees to this.)

Here are some of the photos we took on Christmas day:

The annual top-of-the-stairs picture before the girls check out what Santa brought.


Anna with her Santa gifts.


Meghan holding her complete set of That 70s Show on dvd.


Jack watching all of the festivities.


My mom and dad watching all the festivities.


Claire with two of her favorite gifts: a digital camera and a puffy ski vest.


Grandma and Claire.


I finally remembered to get a picture of myself on Christmas morning....with Anna.


Claire gave Meghan this picture frame with a picture of Lucy.


Claire also gave Meghan this giant coloring book of Wall-E pictures which Meghan LOVED.


Santa brought Claire a new basketball hoop! Unfortunately, it was delivered in the box and it took Jack and my dad all day to assemble it. This picture was taken at about 7pm.


My dad enjoying a well deserved Christmas Shiner (the Texas beer) on the porch while watching Claire shoot hoops.


Look at this gorgeous scarf! My sister made this for me in a days time. We were talking on the phone a few days before Christmas and she was telling me about her knitting. I asked her to make me a scarf, never imagining she would get to work on it the next day and get it in the mail for Christmas. I LOVE it......it's beautiful and perfect. I love you Kelly!


Up next: Claire's 11th birthday on Tuesday! I will post about the festivities next.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Your birthday too mom!