Friday, May 15, 2009

I'm baaaack!

Sorry for the lack of posts lately. I have just one thing to say on that matter: Do not mock swine, people. Seriously. I had some sort of flu (not sure if it was THE flu) and that turned into the mother of all sinus infections. That was 13 days ago and I am still feeling lingering sinus pressure/pain. Ugh. But enough of that.

Book club was last Wednesday. Love my book club night! We read this book:
And despite the glowing reviews on the jacket cover, we pretty much unanimously hated it. Obviously written by a man, there was so much gratuitious sex talk (without much actual sex ironically) that it drove me to boredom. Perhaps even more egregious was the lack of character development or much of a plot. The reviews proclaimed, "twists and turns" and suspense, but really, it was one major yawn-fest. The only redeeming quality was that it was a fast read and I didn't have to spend too much time on it. Next month's selection looks interesting, though the reviews on Amazon and B&N are not glowing. We will be reading:I will let you know what I thought when I finish it. This will be our last book club meeting before we break for summer. We will have a longer book to read over the summer months, but we won't meet up again until September. So, I am looking forward to making a dent in my stack of books that have slowly built up over time. I also would love to read some of Meghan's YA books. There are a few on her shelves that have caught my eye. In particular Meg Cabot's Airhead and Being Nikki. Maybe I will make a list and post it. And if anyone has read anything good lately, please comment! I am always looking for books that other people have read and loved.

2 comments:

Claire McAfee said...

I like Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn!!:D

Tracey said...

Ha! CB, how did I know you would suggest those?!?