Thursday, June 18, 2009

A before and after


Sorry for the lack of posts of late. I guess the lazy days of summer are to blame. Not much exciting going on. Lots of sleeping in, staying up late, swimming and Wii Mario Kart lately. I have to share these pics of Anna though. After 11 months, she got her braces off on Monday. She looks so different! Two days later we were back at the ortho though for her retainer. She pretty much has to wear it 24/7 for the next year. I have to get a picture of it to post. It actually looks like a watermelon (yeah, if I didn't see it, I wouldn't be able to picture it either.)

As a parting gift, her orthodontist handed her a card and told her it was a gift for being such a good patient. Inside was a $15 Target gift card! Part of me thought, "What a cool idea and a nice gesture. Then another part of me thought, "Hey where is the gift for the parents who decided to write a check in full a year ago (for a measley 8% discount)? I want my Target gift card too!" OK, I am selfish, yes, but really, I could do some (minor) damage at Target with my own $15 gift card. Where's the love Dr. Brown??

OK, one more thing.....Jack and I went to go see Hangover last week. Oh. my. HILARIOUS. It has been such a long time since I have seen a movie strictly for adults. And boy, it deserved the "R" rating.....but, it was so damn funny. We LOVED it. It was terrific! Jack was laughing so hard I actually had to shush him a few times because he was so loud! So, leave the kiddos home and go have a date night with your spouse/significant other. It is the most fun I have had at the movies in quite awhile.
P.S. Stay for the end credits...it is a MUST.

No comments: