Monday, April 21, 2008

What Not to Wear

I mean, Stacy and Clinton would have a field day with these gals, no? These are two of the American Girl dolls that currently reside in Anna's room. Kit is on the left and Molly, the right. I don't know what kind of scenario my girls put these dolls in to dress them this way, but every time I go into Anna's room, I can barely stand looking at them. (I know, anal much?) I mean, was Molly on a cruise and dressed up for "formal night" when the ship inexplicably started to sink? "Molly, quick, grab your life vest and run for the tender. And be careful with that ankle you sprained while participating in the limbo contest this afternoon on the Lido deck! I told you not to have that 4th margarita!"

I don't even know where to begin with Kit. A black turtleneck sweater with gauzy spring pants? Huh? Really. Really? This is why I still get final stamp of approval on what my girls wear to school.

So anyways, I was taking a basket of clean clothes up to Anna's room yesterday and could not ignore this travesty any longer. I HAD to redress those dolls. Anna and I drug out the bins of American Girl clothing we own (thanks Grandma) and sat down to make those dolls presentable again. We dressed Molly and Kit both in their school outfits and I for one, think they look much better.So end of story, right? Not really. You see, we own eight AG dolls and seven of those eight reside on a long shelf in Anna's room with Molly and Kit. Sooooo, Anna and I had to redress all the dolls.
Much better now.

And that is how I spent my Sunday afternoon. I think Stacy would be proud.

1 comment:

Jennifer Paganelli said...

wow so gald I dropped in so much talent on one blog..love the banner!!! all my best, Jennifer