Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Playing with Fabric


After a long dry spell, I got the urge to do some quilting again. I picked up this book, Happy Hour, at the Houston Quilt Show last fall and decided to make the quilt pictured on the cover with the Three Sister's Shangri La fat quarters I had. The cutting took some time, but the blocks sewed together really quickly. Here is the result:


I haven't sewn the blocks into strips yet. I think I am still playing with the block arrangement. I tend to over think this part and should probably just throw them together randomly.


Looking ahead to the next project, I promised Anna we could work together on a quilt for her using the above fabrics. Aren't they soooo cute??? She really wants to sew something since her big sister, Claire, finished a quilt top over spring break. Come to think of it, I need to post some pictures of Claire with her quilt. Let me go see if I can find some........

No comments: