Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Three weeks later.....


Oops. I last posted three weeks ago? Really? I didn't mean for that to happen. I must have fallen asleep at the keyboard. Not that life has been a whirlwind of blogworthy entertainment around here lately. But still.....

The kids are on Spring Break this week. So far, it's been low key....sleeping in (even more so thanks to the time change), Wii games, lots of Gilmore Girls, and a family lunch on Sunday:


Yeah, the McAfees like to do it up big while on staycation. Everyone got their own hot dog and soft drink!

Let's see....what else is going on? Anyone else follow The Bachelor this season like Meghan and I did? As Meghan said on her Facebook page: WHAT THE HECK JASON? Can I please have those 10 hours of my life back?

I have been quilting again. I am working on two quilts. One is the "over the fireplace" quilt I have been threatening to make for almost 10 years now. We have a vaulted ceiling in our great room and a long, narrow insert over the fireplace. I have not decorated that space in the 9 1/2 years we have lived here but, I am almost done with a quilt top that I have been working on! I just have to sew borders on it, have it quilted and then it will hang in that space. The other quilt was inspired by this one I found on the Moda Bake Shop site. I am using Urban Chik's Sweet charm squares and Mary Engelbreit's Basket of Flowers together and it's coming together really cute. I will snap pictures of both quilts for my next post.


I have been playing lots of tennis too. The spring weather has really hit Houston and since I play on three leagues, I am on the courts at least 3-4 times a week. I have been consistently inconsistent with my playing this season. Some matches I am on fire....others, I would like to have back every dime I have spent on lessons. I do love the game though. It's fun, especially when you are playing well!

This is the book my Reading Between the Wines club is currently reading. I am about half way done with it and it is really charming. It has gotten really good reviews too. Unfortunately, I won't be at our gathering tomorrow evening. We actually are doing a little more over spring break than taking our girls to Costco for lunch. Tomorrow we are heading over to San Antonio to spend some quality time with this guy:


Pictures when we return! And maybe video too. Jack bought a fun little toy last week.

No comments: