Friday, March 27, 2009

QIP (Quilts in Progress)

Here are the two quilts I am currently working on. The top one is the quilt that is going above our fireplace in the great room. It is a fairly long quilt so it's hard to get a good picture of its'
full length. What do you think, mom.....does the inner border need to be wider? I'm thinking now it needs to be the same width as the top & side borders.

The quilt below is one I am just working on for fun. I purchased some charm packs a few weeks back and found the pattern for this coin quilt at the Moda Bake Shop.

What I really liked about the pattern is the back of the quilt with the pieced strip running through the backing fabric. Is that not so cute? Now I just need to decide what my backing will be. What do you think? Yellow, blue or maybe....red?

One more picture: Meghan had a school tennis tournament yesterday and played a total of 52 games before her last match was retired at 5-7 because of weather. She came home exhausted! When I checked on her in the early evening, she was sound asleep with her pal, Lucy. I swear, that cat is part mountain lion.

1 comment:

Impera Magna said...

I made a quilt for my granddaughter using this line of fabrics and had a difficult time deciding on which to use for the border and the back! I love using leftover fabrics on the back... really jazzes up what could be a plain back.

I'm sure your coin quilt turned out lovely.