Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year! New Diet!

Today officially began my goal to eat better and lose weight (aka....diet). The kids went back to school, Jack went back to work, and I pitched most of the cookies and candy last night.

Here's how the day went:

Breakfast:
2 egg whites
1 bowl of instant oatmeal with almonds and cranberries

Lunch:
1/2 chicken breast seasoned with fajita seasoning in a tortilla (not whole wheat, but we already had them) and 1 tbsp salsa

Snack:
10 almonds

Pre-dinner:
glass of red wine

another glass of red wine

sliced some baguette (whole grain!) while cooking garlic shrimp in pasta.
ate some of the baguette with a little butter (real butter) while waiting for pasta to cook.
poured another glass of red wine.
another baguette slice with butter and shredded Parmesan.

Dinner:
Garlic shrimp with pasta
Salad with ranch dressing (intended on balsamic vinagrette, but whatever)
a couple more slices of baguette with my own personal butter dish for dipping
maybe another glass of red?

Dessert:
Normally I don't do dessert, but Anna wanted Raspberry Sherbet and it looked so good, I decided on a couple scoops. And threw on some chocolate chips for good measure.

I am eating that right now.

And planning my new diet tomorrow.

No comments: