Monday, January 7, 2008

Book Club - January


I am part of a book club that meets once a month. We are called Reading Between the Wines, and true to our name, we consume many bottles of wine in the course of an evening. We also have GREAT discussions that begin with the book, but spin off into many different tangents as the evening progresses. We haven't met yet this month, but our selection was The Vanishing Act of Esme Lennox. I liked this book. The first half of the book, I was unsure where the story was going, but I felt it really picked up speed in the second half and I couldn't put it down. It ended rather abruptly however, and I found myself wanting more closure. Still, a good read, and I am looking forward to our discussion on Wednesday evening. Now, shall I bring a bottle of red or white?

2 comments:

Scott said...

Tracey, probably not a book for your reading club, but I just finished "World Without End" by Ken Follett, the follow-on novel to his "Pillars of the Earth" (which I am now re-reading!). Both books are really great story telling with plenty of plot, I highly suggest both books! Have a great day! - Your Brother

Tracey said...

Scott, LOVED Pillars of the Earth! I read that nearly 20 years ago when Jack and I first got married. I want to go back and re-read it before I start World Without End (even though I know it isn't truly a sequel.) Actually, my club talked about reading it, but it's kind of long, so we may read it over the summer when our meetings break for a couple of months.

Thanks for your blog comments too! This is just a fun little experiment I decided to try, and I find I am really having fun with it.