Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Report Card

Let's see how those New Year's goals are holding up, shall we?

1. I ate half a loaf of sour dough bread (with real butter) last night at dinner.  Need I say more?
2. Yes! Two rooms in two months...Anna's room and Claire's room.  Did not snap before & after photos though. 
3. Heh
4. Um, no.  Hasn't happened.
5. Yes and no.  Yes = Becky and Alix.  (Hi girls!!!)  No = Sharon (Shame on me.)

Who does that?  Openly declaring your goals,  ignoring them, then abandoning your blog.  That is some stuff for the analyst's chair, no?  I've always loved this particular explanation for not doing something:  I am not afraid of failure, I am afraid of success!  Haha....yes, that's it!  I am afraid of the awesome bikini body I would have while showing off my beautiful redone house and super awesome quilts to my wonderful friends....both real life and in blogland.  Sigh.  That's got to be it.  I am so afraid of actually accomplishing these goals, I'm just ignoring them.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Truth is, I really like to blog and am sad I haven't been doing so the last couple of months.  But I am going to blog with abandon.  Meaning, I am going to abandon these goals.  Or maybe not the goals (hello...seriously...swimsuit season is like 6 weeks away in Houston), but my efforts to chronicle my success/lack thereof on my blog.  I may do it, but I may not.  I am just not going to tie my blogging to these goals any longer.

So, sorry for that false start to blogging in 2010.  Let's begin again and have fun.  Like, you want to know some of my favorite things currently?  I am loving this stuff:

TV: Modern Family
Please tell me you are watching this show.  I have not laughed so much and so hard at the television screen since Arrested Development (RIP) aired on Fox several years back.  Go watch every single episode you can.  Do it.  Right now.

Music: Stars Go Dim's debut cd "Love Gone Mad"
I was in Hollister last December buying Christmas gifts for the girls when this song came on the store's playlist.  I immediately LOVED it.  Jack was with me and I had him ask an employee what it was.  Turns out it was "You Got Me" by this group I've never heard of called Stars Go Dim.  I came home and promptly bought it on itunes and it has been heavily played ever since.  I just bought the entire cd about a week ago, and it's really good.

Internet: The Pioneer Woman 
Ree Drummond, The Pioneer Woman, has been around quite some time and I have even had her website listed on my sidebar since I started blogging.  However, lately, I have been having a love affair with her and her website all over again.  I love her recipes and photography but most of all I love her writing.  I am endlessly entertained by her stories of life on a cattle ranch.  I told Jack yesterday that she is the Oprah of the internet.  If you are one of the two people who hasn't heard of her website yet, go here.  You won't regret any time spent with P-Dub.

Food: Candy Jar Ice Cream from Blue Bell Creamery
 
If you live in Texas, you know the only ice cream worth eating is from Blue Bell Creamery.  If you don't live in Texas, sorry for you life because this is the best ice cream ever.  EVER.  Sorry to be obnoxious about it, but it's really true.  Blue Bell has a seasonal flavor called Candy Jar.  If the name isn't enough to convince you, here is the description from the container:  "Rich caramel ice cream containing all of your favorite candy pieces - peanut butter cups, chocolate chunks, peanut brittle, chunks of caramel and chocolate crisp pieces."  Seriously, this may be the single greatest reason I am still trying to lose 15 pounds.  YUM.

It feels good to be back to blogging.  Let's do this more often, okay?  Until May then!  (haha...just going for some self-deprecating humor there.) 

No comments: