Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The weekend: John Mayer concert

We had such a fun weekend!  It was exhausting, but so worth it!  John Mayer was in Houston on Saturday evening.  We bought tickets on a whim. (I might have whined a little bit that day about having to go to JoBros the next day, but not getting to see one of my very favorite artists when he was in town THAT VERY NIGHT.)  We scored really good seats: 18th row on the floor, in the center.  He was playing the Toyota Center which is where the Houston Rockets play, so it's a huge arena.  The concert was FANTASTIC.  I have been a John Mayer fan for such a long time.  I love him.  I know he has said some controversial things lately, and I frankly have shaken my head over some pretty immature, egotistical things that have come out of his mouth.  I am still a huge fan however.  (Room For Squares is one of my top five favorite cd's ever.)  This concert marked the 4th time I have seen him perform now, and he just gets better and better.  He is such a talented guitar player (unequaled for his generation?) and such a gifted songwriter.  I was on my feet and mesmerized the entire concert.  Thanks Jack for making me buy the tickets!  What a great night!

No comments: