Friday, March 26, 2010

Okay, I know this isn't a music blog....

...but please indulge me yet another concert/music post!  I do not go to concerts all the time, even if it does seem that way based on my blog lately.  But, we did attend another concert (the 3rd in three weeks) that I just have to share with you guys.  It was my VERY FAVORITE artist currently.  My family may tell you I have a bit of an obsession with him, which may or may not be true: Is dragging your family 4 hours across the state to attend a concert considered a bit much?  I didn't exactly drag them either.  It was Spring Break and we went to San Antonio with friends to spend a day at Six Flags Fiesta Texas, and well, there just happened to be this concert going on there that evening......

OK, OK......... it was KRIS ALLEN (current American Idol winner)!!  I love him.  You'll probably remember last year when I blogged about how much I loved him on AI and how I voted for him, even though it goes against everything I believe in to be that vested in a tv show.  When I found out he was playing a show in San Antonio, it was pretty much a given that I was going to get there to see him some way.  Conveniently, it was during Spring Break for the kids, so we drove over to SA with friends who wanted to spend a day at Fiesta Texas.  Meghan, Claire and I were the only ones who really cared about the concert, so everyone rode rides while we enjoyed the show.  By the way, Kris Allen opened for One Republic, so he wasn't even the main attraction.  Anyways, long story short, the concert was awesome!!  Kris is very talented, as is his band.  I love live music, and they did not disappoint.  Meghan and Claire were awesome concert buddies.....just as excited and into the music as I was.  It was so much fun with them.  And we were all really impressed with One Republic too.  They were just fantastic and so talented.  They played cello, violin and a really cool organ in addition to the usual guitars and drums.  Meghan had a couple of their singles from itunes, but we bought both their entire cds when we got home.

Okay, I could go on and on, but I won't!  (Even though it appears as I look above it's too late for that.)  I'll leave this post with some pictures we took:



After the concert, I said to the girls, "Let's just pick a band and follow them around all summer and be groupies."  They were totally for it.  :)  Concerts....especially outdoors, are just the best.

No comments: